Sigx

We are the future in the past.
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:14 pm 

I just found out about Sigx. Of course I think its great. But I just read that soon there will only be 3 lines allowed for non-paying users (majority), as well as allowing updates only every 2 minutes.

I just think its dumb. Why not leave it how it is now for free, and add alot more for paying. Yes I know its only $20 a year. But still, its just a fact that people want this stuff for free. I know when you (whoever made it) made it, it was for fun. To see what you could do.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your not gonna become a millionaire off this. Just make some extra cash (from the hardcore users), and provide this awesome service to us casual users for free.

/end rant.

Thanks for reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 6:31 pm 

im not trying to get millions obviously. i want to keep this service going for everyone. and if charging a dollar a month will do that, then i will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 7:38 am 

fair point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:51 am 

I'll assume you are under 16 and dont have a job or paypal account, since most people who complain about the $1.60 a month are of that age.

Yuriy is not trying to be a millionaire, or make any extra money at all. He is trying to break even on the server costs, and fund further development of the awesome service.

Server costs, Hundreds of dollars a month. Uhm.... for paying you will be getting alot more, 1 minute updates, more lines for display, more features, custom background, many many many more features that are currently being worked on and added.

Do you complain everytime you go to a mcdonalds and pay the $2 for a medium fountain drink? When you could just go to your local grocery store and get a 12pack for $2? (

Quote:
Yes I know its only $20 a year. But still, its just a fact that people want this stuff for free.

Every1 always wants stuff for free. You are getting the service for free, albeit with limited functionality.[/quote]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]