Sigx

We are the future in the past.
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:44 pm 

well Actually I have the gimp, I'm just not used to it enough. its so hard to get in close to do the deltails. I dunno. I just prefer paint. I actually ran these pics thru Gimp to add the transparency in the corners.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:18 pm 

in the gimp you can zoom into whatever % you like (not limited to 800% like paint), and you can use a grid to help too. btw, if you didnt know, you can press the shift button with using pencil, brush or eraser to do lines.

i know how it can take a while to get used to tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:17 pm 

Pstubb wrote:
WOOT! The Winamp skin is out! this one was kinda easy, It was just a chopped screenshot with some things removed... anyways I did it in the default color theme, if you want it in another hit me up and I might do it if I have nothing else to do... all the info is in the readme file.

major problems for this one is you can stretch vertically but if you stretch horizontally it will look bad. so you'll have to figure out a way to make this theme a fixed width.

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=296AIQQUO11WZ31LU5S26LLEUR

(this link expires in a certain amount of days and 25 downloads)

A preview will be up soon!

Edit:: Preview:Image
(I dunno why but the transparency dunt werk. I guess my prowser dusnt support png trans. ( GET FIREFIOX!)

Hey you know what would be cool for this theme? having the little slider go to the actual point in time where the song is at the update. obviously this would be for the pay people only... and would involve alot of stuff to figure out. its just an Idea.

It may be a nice personal custom sig but not for general use. You did not follow the rules of keeping it simple and under 5k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:16 pm 

yuriy wrote:

It may be a nice personal custom sig but not for general use. You did not follow the rules of keeping it simple and under 5k.

sorry. just thought people would like a winamp themed sig. well, off to make some SIMPLE and Under 5k themes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:19 pm 

your winamp skin could be a good custom one, but there are problems

as you can see im using a modified version right now. i had to extend the vertical size of the "screen" (and even then it only works with font size 1) and it is not horizontally long enough either.

i going to modify it a bit more later if i can be bothered, because otherwise it looks really good (but then, what else would you expect from winamp? ;-))

i also make to make the image into an imagemap link if i have time, that would be cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:55 am 

breadcrust wrote:
your winamp skin could be a good custom one, but there are problems

as you can see im using a modified version right now. i had to extend the vertical size of the "screen" (and even then it only works with font size 1) and it is not horizontally long enough either.

i going to modify it a bit more later if i can be bothered, because otherwise it looks really good (but then, what else would you expect from winamp? ;-))

i also make to make the image into an imagemap link if i have time, that would be cool.

yeah an image map link would be hot. I was looking at the way Winamp stretches and I thing I might have a sulution to the non stretching thing. I will try and fix that up if anyone wants it.

Oh and I noticed how you edited it a little and I think I should do that too while I'm at it. it'l make more scence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:54 am 

Alright then Winamp theme 1.1 is done. I've made everything simpler and reduced file size considerably, by giving it a 64bit index. I dunno if theres any other ways to reduce file size, if so pm me or something, cuz it would help. anyways, SIMPLER AND SMALLER . like the Ipod. hey that gives me an Idea. The Ipod theme. lol, I just got that Idea now. keep an eye out for it. coming soon.

Anyways, A preview will be up soon. here is the zip file with the TL.png TF.png TR.png and all that:

http://s23.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=340EHKFEV7GBT0TS1TWUT0FCLZ

hope its better. oh and I fixed the little transparency issue.

preview up:Image

major quality loss huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:19 pm 

lol, Some one tell me if I'm doing this too much! here is the Ipod theme!

zip file including all the pics + a preview + A readme:

http://s35.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3ITA ... PVNO9HZG8F

Preview:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:43 pm 

you might want to fix up the dithering alot, and make the borders around the screen smaller.

if you intend on this image becoming a proper sigx instead of just a custom one, it would a good idea to make the part where it says iPod able to be used for the ad text

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:31 pm 

you can add the sigx.yuriy.com text just after it. thats where I made the filler. well I will take your comments into recomendation and fix it up.