Sigx

We are the future in the past.
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:50 am 

yuriy wrote:
TrueType2 needs to be installed for the TrueType fonts to work. do a search on google i dont know the exact site

Has it something to do with FreeType2?

http://freetype.sourceforge.net/index2.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:44 pm 

up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:05 pm 

yes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 4:18 am 

Ok, I've found a solution for my problem... maybe it works for some of you. If you're having trouble, the odds are that you're using a non-NT Windows version.

I went to http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.imagettftext.php and read the user comments... bingo, the answer was there.

I couldn't install FreeType2 on my computer (I'm so damn n00b), it had to be compiled and stuff, it's made for UNIX, I had to learn how to compile it and had to see IF it was possible to use it in Windows... in other words, I don't know what I was doing, I think I was confusing FreeType2 with GD's TrueType support. In fact, I don't think FreeType2 is needed at all, yuriy!

What you need is your GD to support TrueType. I don't know if this will work for all of you, in fact I don't know why it's working for me, but here it goes:

Code:
Robert at Triangle-services dot NL
17-Mar-2004 05:41
Ok, for all you windows users that STILL get the Could not find/open font error... i think i've found the solution.

The php-for-windows package has the directory /windows/fonts hardcoded for all Win32 distributions. It doesn't look anywhere else (e.g. the php folder, the documentroot or the script location). However, if you use Windows XP, the windows-home directory is not WINNT as in Win2k, but Windows (back to the old days).

The next solution is not elegant, but it works (and is the only solution i have found that works for winXP).

Create a directory Winnt\fonts in the root of the same partition as your main operating system, and put the fonts you want to use in the newly created fonts-directory...

enjoy!

(thnx to Pioneer for helping me out on this one)

Note: I think the author of the above comment meant /winnt/fonts hardcoded for all Win32 distributions.

If that doesn't help you, go to that link I mentioned and read the comments, there is useful information there.

Hope that helps someone. Now my custom fonts work and I'm happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:02 am 

o ya. you need TrueType2 if you want to use custom fonts.. i think i mentioned that before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:59 am 

yuriy wrote:
o ya. you need TrueType2 if you want to use custom fonts.. i think i mentioned that before.

Yes, you mentioned that before... but are you talking a bout TrueType or FreeType? What I?m telling you is that you DON?T need these installed, because I don?t have it and it works. You need GD to support TrueType, and that?s all...

Read my previous post, the errors are related to php?s malfunction (it thinks all Windows have fonts placed in winnt\fonts, it?s hardcoded that way). All you need to do if you use a Non-NT Windows is to create a c:\winnt\fonts and place your fonts there.

There are others ways to solve this in

http://us4.php.net/manual/en/function.imagettftext.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:45 am 

According to this, it requires FreeType, not TrueType2... Tried searching forever for TrueType2 and found nothing on Google.

http://www.php.net/imagettftext

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:34 pm 

maybe freetype i dont remmber anymore